03 June, 2010

Stuck in a Rut


As with most people, if someone is able to own a car, they tend to own multiples.  I can testify to this.  Since purchasing my first car in 2004, I've had many cars since then.  Granted, it's been an excessive 19 to date ranging from 1984 to 1991.  However, the first car I bought thankfully I still have.  It has been my most audacious project and one that took a lot of effort on part of many people.


They also say a car tells a lot about the owner.  Well that must be true with me.  I currently own 3 cars, all of which share one large commonality: design.  I currently own a 1984 Porsche 944, a 1987 Nissan S12, and a 1991 Mazda RX-7.

As stated earlier, they all have the same design.  From the pictures posted, it is quite apparent.  Many people I know have been slightly confused.  School, work, or other, they all know that whichever one I drive, it's my car.



I was recently told by a classmate that she knew it was my car because it looked like the car I drove the previous week until she got up close and realized it was different.  A coworker told me that he knew which car I drove to work because despite it being different, it fit my personality.  He knew it was not the same car i drove the day before, but knew which car was mine without prior knowledge of me obtaining a new car.  It seems that anyone who has a decent feel for who I am, can easily pick out what car it is that I would most likely be driving in a parking lot.  It is kinda humorous.

In short, I must be predictable in my mannerisms concerning cars.  As is obvious, all three cars are black.  They are all RWD, fastbacks/hatchbacks, have sunroofs, pop-up headlamps, long bonnets, and are all with a sports bias.

2 comments: