21 November, 2010

New Things

During the summer I was lucky enough to grab a PlayStation 3.  Thanks to my friend and roommate Kenny, he know a buddy who was selling both console and seven games for a ridiculously low price.  I jumped on the opportunity knowing that I had been wanting one for so long in addition to preparation for Gran Turismo 5.  I went through the games that were given and traded the majority of them in.  After trading the games in with about $10 extra, I came out with Ghostbusters, Lair, Assassin's Creed, and Assassin's Creed 2.

On my way to JCCS in September, I stopped by Micah's and Leilani's place.  On the way down to SoCal, I stayed the night and continued on.  On the way back home, I stayed a couple of days to relax and catch up.  There I met their cutest and newest edition to their family: Ryu.  Ryu is a Shiba Inu and a pure white one at that.  He is still quite young, but wonderful despite it all.  I loved playing with him, which is not unusual since I adore almost all pups.  The difference with Ryu is that he is the first Shiba I've had a chance to play with and I have to say, the are cool pups.
And Ryu sporting his dragon costume.  Good costume choice indeed.

Before leaving, Micah and Leilani got me my first Blu Ray movies: SpeedRacer and Underworld.  I have watched SpeedRacer only days after I got home and loved it.  I am still looking forward to watching it after I finally get my HD TV.  It is going to be nuts.  As I describe it, the closest I can get to an acid trip without considering all those crazy lights and pace of action.


Then just in the past couple of days I broke down and bought a new printer.  An HP Officejet J4580.  My older HP Deskjet 565C was out of ink and I had to print out the shipping manifesto and shipping label for a package that is Australia bound.  I had gone to buy more ink only to find that:

1. My ink was not carried - too old of a printer I guess... :p
2. Ink costs like $35 a cartridge and it would be more cost effective to buy a new printer
3. All printers now are multifunctional so they can double up as scanners and copiers.  My scanner/copier has not been all that good in the past several months due to age so I was looking at replacing it eventually as well.


Installed and looking good, I can now print out the necessary bits to have the package sent to Australia.  Inside contains two more S12 SE lip kits and various bits that Gerry (from Brisbane) has bought and sent to me for mass shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment