22 November, 2010

Snow, Snow, Snow Everywhere.... And its Bloody Cold

So as some of those know, up here in W.Wa we are getting some aggressive winter weather.  Thanks La Nina.  I was looking forward to snow here in the lowlands.  There is a reason why I go to the mountains to board.  There is a difference just so you know.  There is a reason why I like your brother El Nino better.  He actually listens and is smarter of the two of you.

Not digressing too much though.  Today was nuts.  It got down to 20 degrees F, which felt like 6 degrees F due to the windchill.  And when I say windchill, I mean seeing 'sheet's of snow going sideways or standing outside and feeling like I just went face first into a pile of snow after taking a spill on my board.  I do have to say one thing go, it is very pretty.


Pictures from last night... Light snow came down that didnt stop me from driving to work this morning.  Despite that, there was a lot more snow on her before heading to work.  After work, left her at work.  Too unsafe to drive home.  My poor baby.  Micah, she'll be ok and I'm picking her up tomorrow.


And here are some pictures of tonight, from my front door and at the house itself.



And a picture of how much snow was on my deck.  I have heard it was deeper in other places in W.WA, but yeah, my entire exposed finger was covered by snow.  I would say at least five centimeters






And here is a picture of my back yard.  Sucks, the battery in my S12 is flat, so I need to get a trickle charger or take it to the shop and get it charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment